Friday, October 15, 2021

A glimpse back before a lot of progress in digital Covid credentials

 FHIR Security after a year of Covid-19 


Smart on FHIR applied to covid-19 credentials.


So we now have a significant amount of people who have been vaccinated and the response of the developer community to build covid-19 credential apps has been tremendous. I have Smart on FHIR developer accounts that I signed up during a blockchain conference, and was firing up one of those clients to check out basic transfer of Immunization Records to the client. Of course I also have Apple Health on my iPhone. Basically that works extremely well. When I first started writing this blog post I came across some anomalies in OAUTH that gave me pause due to a data transfer failure to one of the Smart on FHIR clients where I have a developer account. So I started poking around OAUTH security. Note I saved this as a draft meaning to circle back after doing some investigation, so this is a not current to the published date since there has been considerable development since this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment